Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Drone Shell Replacement

Almost two weeks ago I crashed the drone into a tree downhill from Conklin. One of the arms of the shell was bent. I got a replacement shell.

I found several youtube videos on how to replace the shell. They did say it wasn't a difficult process. That was true, but it did turn out to be pretty tedious. It took me two hours to take it apart and remove all the components. I took pictures along the way.

The replacement worked. Everything lit up. I took the unit for a short flight. I think I really need to get a full set of replacement blades to make the flight smoother, but it's back to flying.