Saturday, October 05, 2013

Stories Everywhere

It has struck me lately how there are stories all around us just waiting to be seen. This afternoon I went to Lowe's to pick up some paint.

Parked in front of an auction/flea market venue there was a delivery truck with an open back door. It seemed that a naked person was standing up looking vacantly outward. As I got closer I realized that the truck was loaded with many mannequins and mannequin parts among the boxes.

Further down the road I noticed a state trooper had pulled over a Honda Civic with two women inside. One trooper was talking to the drive while the other one stood by the road and was staring at the car roof. An over-sized couch was tied precariously to the top of the car. The wind had hit it just right and twisted the couch. With any more movement it seemed that the couch was about to fly off. I wonder how that conversation ended?