Sunday, May 26, 2013

Neil Young Journeys

Last night I couldn't find anything good to watch on TV. I searched through On Demand until I found the Neil Young Journeys movie. The documentary shows Young driving through his home town reminiscing about what it was like growing up as he is on his way to a concert in Toronto. The songs of the concert are mixed in with the documentary sections.

The music is fantastic. Young plays all by himself, yet sounds like a full orchestra. There are some new songs and some older hits. The protest song "Ohio" is probably the angriest protest song I have ever heard, especially since the pictures of the murdered students were flashed behind. It still strikes a chord even forty years later!




I'd like to watch this one again. It will be playing on On Demand for a while yet.