Saturday, June 02, 2012

Board approves format change for witf - witf.org

Board approves format change for witf - witf.org
My local public radio station just announced a switch to an all-news format. Some of the shows they are introducing, such as On the Media and Dianne Rheem, are ones I either download  as podcasts or listen on other stations over the internet.

 To be honest, I don't listen to the current classical broadcast they have. It just doesn't have the passion that I remember from the old Robert J. Lurtsema shows from years ago. Too much chamber music and not enough heart in it! And on many days I have noticed that they pipe in music from another station rather than have a local host.

Overall this is a good move that should increase the audience. Now that there is so little public funding, the station has to pay more attention to the audience.