Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wetlands Hike in Shippensburg, PA

I'm always looking for new places to take the dog for walks. I used to go on the railroad spur through town until I saw in the newspaper that it was actually considered trespassing and the police were arresting people.

I found this new trail connecting Dykeman springs on the edge of Shippensburg with a Little League field and eventually Earl Street. The creek goes all the way through town. There are some fabulous ponds and wetlands along the trail. Part of the trail goes over an old railroad bed with a very nice wooden bridge. It also goes through a short tunnel under an active railroad. I plan to return here often to see birds and the changing vegetation.



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
I almost forgot to mention that Beans, the dog, like it too.